Drone Insurance

What Drone Insurance offers

Our specialist partner, iTOO's Drone Insurance covers loss, damage and liability related to the drone itself, as well as premises, hangar keepers and product liability. You can also insure against the loss of data collected by your drone. Hollard’s Drone Insurance cover is available throughout South Africa and is suitable for organisations in any sector of the economy.

Why choose us?

What sets the Hollard drone policy apart is that we only insure registered drones that are operated by qualified drone pilots. In this way, we are able to minimise drone owners’ risk and keep premiums to a minimum. Insured operators must hold a remote pilot’s licence (RPL), which entails:

  • Passing a medical exam in order to determine your physical competence.
  • Obtain a radio telephony licence, which includes knowing all the rules that govern the act of flying a drone for commercial purposes.
  • Passing theory and practical exams Being at least 18 years old.
  • Being proficient in English in order to comply with international air control standards.
  • Anyone interested in obtaining an RPL need not own a drone or have any experience in flying one. Hollard has close ties with SA’s leading drone pilot training schools, and the South African Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). Through these relationships, we can help you to get licensed, registered, insured and up in the air!
illustration of hollard head office

Search for a trusted Hollard broker

Looking for an adviser to assist and advise you in choosing the best products for your needs?

Why choose Hollard?

hollard skyline illustration

More than 6 million people trust us to protect what matters

hollard illustration of a woman riding a bicycle

We're S.A's largest private insurance group

hollard illustration of a minibus taxi

We empower entrepreneurs through our many CSI initiatives

illustration of the hollard building

Find us in 18 countries across 4 continents

Related articles