Home Insurance

Insurance for building new homes and home contents

A Hollard home insurance customer outside his home

Building Insurance

Peace of mind for every type of homeowner.

What Building Insurance covers

We know that your home is much more than just bricks and mortar – but it’s still worth ensuring the physical structure is covered.

With our Building Insurance, we’ll make sure you’re covered should something happen because of events like:

  • Theft, fire, lightning, storms and earthquakes.
  • Water damage from leaking or overflowing geysers, tanks, pipes and gutters.
  • Malicious or accidental damage.

Your Building Insurance also includes:

  • The cost of employing a security guard to protect the building.
  • Replacing lost keys and remote control units, or damage to your locks.
  • The loss of metered water.
  • Leak detection and repairs.
  • Accidental damage to underground public services.
  • Cover for costs charged by an authorised body for extinguishing a fire, to prevent or reduce loss or damage to the building.
  • Cover for any rental income you lose if your building is uninhabitable after a claim event or the cost of having to find alternative accommodation.
Illustration of a woman walking

Find a broker to assist you in finding the right products for your needs.

Home Contents Insurance

Peace of mind for the stuff you love.

Your household possessions are much more than just things – they’re part of who you are and they make your life unique. We’ll cover you if you need to replace or repair your household possessions because they’re lost, stolen or damaged.

What Home Contents Insurance covers

  • Cover for loss or damage to your home contents caused by theft, fire, lightning, storms and earthquakes.
  • Cover for damage to your home contents caused by power surges.
  • The cost of a security guard to protect your home after a claim event.
  • Cover for loss or damage of personal items belonging to guests or full-time domestic employees.

See what else it covers

  • Cover for your belongings while they are temporarily removed from your home.
  • The cost of a security guard to protect your home after a claim event.
  • Paying for spoiled food in your fridge or freezer because of mechanical breakdown or electrical failure.

Optional benefits at an extra premium

  • Guesthouse or Bed & Breakfast – get cover for the personal belongings of your paying guests and a host of other benefits such as trauma counselling.
  • Home business – running a business from your home? Get cover for your business contents.

Insuring your home contents isn’t just about replacing the items that belong to you – it’s also about minimising the inconvenience that comes with theft and accidents.

Illustration of a highlighter with an open cap

Need a car, extended car warranty, home contents, buildings, or pet insurance quote?

Hollard has a shareholding in Dotsure, a separate licensed non-life insurer in terms of the Insurance Act.

Dotsure will gladly assist you.

Illustration of a purple plant

For a fully digital Personal Lines insurance solution, go to Naked for a quote or more information.

Naked Financial Technology Pty Ltd is an authorised financial services provider.

Policies are underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Limited.