Legal disputes are not only stressful – they're also very expensive. The Hollard Legal Plan protects you against any civil, labour or criminal matters you may be facing, so you can get the issue resolved as quickly as possible, with minimal costs to you.
Choose from three legal insurance cover levels: R120,000, R150,000 and R200,000 per matter, as well as access to a variety of legal plan benefits.
- Get paid out between R120 000 and R200,000 per matter.
- There’s no annual limit to your legal cover - claim as many times as you want (as you’re covered per matter).
- You can afford it: legal insurance payments start from only R120 per month.
- What do criminal matters include? Murder, culpable homicide, rape, robbery, assault, blackmail, theft, housebreaking, fraud, breaking and entering, as well as attempting to commit any of the aforementioned.
- What civil matters am I covered for?: Motor vehicle accidents, insurance claims, money lent privately (not for business), road accident fund claims, neighbour disputes and contractual disputes with builders, plumbers etc.
- And labour matters? Things like disciplinary hearings, unfair dismissals, labour court and Commission for Conciliation, and Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) representation.
Get covered for unexpected legal matters you may face.
Levels of Legal Insurance Cover
|Plan Type||Insurance Premium||Cover Per Matter|
Features & Benefits
- Get legal advice via the phone or electronically: Speak to fully qualified, experienced and admitted attorneys, any time you have a question or need legal advice.
- Standard legal documentation and contracts: Get round-the-clock access to documents such as lease agreements and employment contracts - useful things you'd come across in your daily life.
- Retrenchment benefit: If you’re retrenched after 12 months of taking out our legal insurance, you'll be given a six-month grace period without your cover being affected.
- Consultation and representation: Get access to competent consultation and representation by a practicing attorney on our panel, or an attorney of your choice (in accordance with our tariff schedule).
Our extended legal cover applies to the R120, R150 and R200 Hollard Legal Plans and includes the following bonus benefits:
- If you're getting married, we’ll help draw up ante-nuptial contracts.
- If you're getting divorced, we’ll provide legal advice, as long as the divorce is one that both parties agree to.
- Receive a 60% discount on debt counselling initiation fees, providing you with savings of R3,000 and immediate cover.
- Get a 60% discount on attorney fees for property tariffs (save up to R4,000 on a R1 million property, with immediate cover).
- Selling or buying your house? Get free municipal property valuation assessments.
- Need a will? We’ll help you draft a basic one for free.
How it works
Got a Question?
- Is there a cover limit or lifetime limit as to how much you can claim against your legal plan?
- Yes. The maximum cover that can be granted in the lifetime of your policy is 10,000 times the monthly payment. For example, if you choose a R200 per month payment, the maximum you can claim for the duration of your policy is R2,000,000.
- Is there a limit on the amount that can be paid out per legal case?
- Yes. The limit is 1,000 times the monthly legal insurance payment. For example, if you pay R120 per month, the maximum you can claim per case is R120,000.
- Is there a money-back cancellation policy in place?
- There is a money back cancellation policy after 90 days or 3 months.
- Is the extended legal services cover available immediately?
- The 60% discount on attorney's fees for property transfer tariffs, 60% discount on debt counselling as well as property valuation screening is available immediately. There is a waiting period for the ante-nuptial contract and the drafting of wills, which are available after 3 months of policy payments. The uncontested divorce is available after 6 months.
- Is there a set annual payment increase?
- Yes, the increase will be reviewed annually on discretionary basis and all policyholders will be informed with plenty of notice.
- Is my family eligible to receive legal insurance cover if I am the policyholder?
- Yes. Your policy covers you, your spouse and any children under the age of 18.
- What is the policy regarding excess with the Hollard Legal Plan?
- As the policyholder you become exempt from paying an excess after 2 years of paying monthly payments. Before that period, the excess is 3 times the payment value.
- After signing up as a policyholder for legal insurance cover, what is the waiting period before I am covered?
- The waiting period is 3 months, however the 24/7 telephonic legal advice is available immediately.
- Is there a limit on how much you can claim per annum?
- No. There is only a limit on how much you can claim per legal case, which is dependent on which level of cover you have chosen. Most legal plans provide you with limited cover per annum but not us: we cover you for as much as R200,000 per case with no annual limit. We even let you appoint your own lawyer.
How to claim
Do you need to claim?
You're entitled to legal advice from us, provided you've made your monthly legal insurance payment. There is a 3 consecutive month waiting period for a claim to be paid. Remember that not all matters will need to be referred to an external lawyer or will require a formal claim. The Hollard internal Legal Team will try to resolve your matter prior to referring your matter to an attorney and if a matter is referred, an excess equal to 3 months payment is payable. Hollard Legal pays claims in accordance to a schedule of tariffs and if you choose your own lawyer and they charge more than the tariff, you'll be liable for the difference.
To contact the Hollard Legal Advice Team, you need to:
1. Contact us
- Telephone: 0861 666 479
- Email: email@example.com
2. Send us all the required documents
You'll need to submit all the requested claims documents and supporting documents to us. To help you, a dedicated claims specialist will guide you through the process, letting you know of any excess payments that are payable.
3. We'll get back to you with the status of your claim
Please note: We will not be liable for a claim, unless we confirm the claim and give you a written confirmation of cover.
To get legal advice
If you need legal advice please contact Hollard on the details listed below:
Call us: 0861 666 479
To update your Legal Plan policy
If you need to amend or renew your Legal Plan policy, please contact Hollard using the details listed below:
Call us: 0861 333 287
To claim on your Legal Plan Policy
If you need to claim, please contact Hollard on the details listed below:
Call us 0861 666 479
To get a Legal Plan quote
We'll call you. Just fill in your details using the form on the right hand side of this page.