Extended car warranty from Hollard
Hollard's Extended Car Warranty insurance policy provides cover against the costs of unforeseen mechanical breakdown.
If your manufacturer's motor warranty has expired and your vehicle is less than 10 years old, Extended Car Warranty is perfect for you.
- Covers up to 21 major components
- Covers you for mechanical breakdown
- Cover includes free 24/7 roadside assistance
- Premiums start from as little as R159 per month
You can get cover from as little as R159 per month.
Do You Need an Extended Warranty?
You should consider mechanical breakdown insurance if:
- Your car is a passenger car
- Your warranty has expired
- Your car has travelled less than 200,000 km
- Your car is less than 10 years old
- Your car is not used for commercial purposes or racing
A warranty protects against the expenses of mechanical breakdowns, but if you need cover for fire, theft and third party see the features and benefits of our car insurance product.
Features & Benefits
What Are Features and Benefits of an Extended Warranty?
Aside from extending your car warranty cover, Extended Car Warranty offers you many valuable features and benefits.
- You get mechanical breakdown insurance to cover the costs of any parts that need to be replaced
- You can get car warranty cover from as little as R159 per month
- The service benefit is available on the Extended Car Warranty Cruise and Maxi options, which covers oil, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, fuel filters, brake fluid, consumables or sundry charges, long-life coolant and car wash
- Choose an optional car hire benefit which gives you the use of a loan vehicle for up to five days
- Free 24/7 roadside assistance, which includes:
- Mechanical Breakdown assistance
- Towing recovery
- Jump-starts in the event of a faulty battery
- Assistance with the removal of a flat tyre
- Help if you run out of fuel
- Assistance if you lock your keys inside your vehicle
- Assistance for mechanical breakdowns out of town, which includes accommodation (if the vehicle breaks down more than 100km from your home) and our towing and recovery service
How it works
There are four levels of cover to choose from and you can customise your plan by adding additional benefits:
|Parts Covered||Move Option||Drive Option||Cruise Option||Maxi Option|
|Manual Gear Box||R10,000||R10,000||R15,000||R25,000|
|Automatic Gear Box||R10,000||R10,000||R15,000||R25,000|
Front Wheel Drive
|Sensor & Sensor Units||R4,000||R6,000||R10,000|
|Pulley & Tensioners||R3,000||R4,000||R6,000|
Max 2 per year
Max 2 per year
|Component||Move Option||Drive Option||Cruise Option||Maxi Option|
- Service Benefit – takes the pain out of the cost of servicing your car. You get coverage on: oil, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, fuel filters, brake fluid, consumables or sundry charges, long-life coolant and car wash.
- Car Hire Benefit – so you can still get around if your car is being repaired (up to 5 days maximum).
Do you want to know more?
Find out everything you need to know about Extended Car Warranty.
- Are there any other criteria associated with the extended car warranty insurance?
- Only vehicles that are less than 10 years old and have fewer than 200,000km qualify for the service plan.
- What benefits does the Service Plan include?
- The Service Plan benefits include: oil, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, fuel filters, brake fluid, consumables or sundry charges, long-life coolant and car wash.
- How do I qualify for an extended motor warranty?
- Extended Car Warranty is available to you if your vehicle weighs less than 3000kg, is less than 10 years old, has done less than 200 000 km, is not used for commercial purposes, and is not used for racing.
- What will the extended car warranty cost me?
- There are 4 options to choose from. Premiums are determined on an individual basis, you will need to call the call centre to get an accurate premium. Premiums start from as low as R159.
- Are there any other benefits available?
- Car hire for when your car is in for repairs (up to 5 days maximum).
How to claim
Do you need to claim?
Follow the easy steps below to get your claim fast and efficiently.
1. Notify us
Call 0860 10 90 99 and select the Claim option. Have your ID or policy number on hand to register the claim with us.
2. We'll contact you to notify you of the outcome of your claim
To make a Extended Car Warranty claim
Simply call 0860 10 90 99 and select the "Claim" option. Alternatively you can fax us on 011 455 2288.
To update your Extended Car Warranty policy
If you need to amend or renew your policy, please contact Hollard on the details listed below:
Call us: 0860 109 099
Fax: 031 570 7680
To get a Extended Car Warranty quote
Call us: 0860 109 099