Being a classic car collector is like being part of an exclusive club that appreciates design, history and beautiful things. But owning classic cars can bring with it a hefty price tag – not just to buy them, but to maintain them as well. Classic car parts are typically very expensive and many can only be bought overseas. Because your old beauty is well, old, there’s a good chance you’ll need to replace its working parts.
With our classic car bundle, you can insure your prized classic cars against any theft, damage or repair costs.
So what do we define as a classic car? We consider it a classic if it’s more than 20 years old and doesn’t travel more than 10 000 kilometres per year. Our classic car insurance gives you the following benefits:
- We’ll cover your classic car for theft, loss or damage as outlined in your comprehensive car insurance cover.
- Cover for parts that are temporarily detached: We’ll cover the parts that you’ve temporarily removed from your car for service, restoration or repair purposes.
- Cover for imported parts that may need to be replaced: We’ll pay for importing replacement parts and express delivery, as long as your car is being repaired because of an insured event, and the replacement part is not available in South Africa.
- Salvage on classic cars: If your car is in an accident and the claim decision treats it as a total loss, we’ll give you first option to buy the salvage (any parts of the car that can be saved and reused). We’ll let you buy these at a cost of 20% of the sum insured.
- Cover while your car is with the dealer. We will pay for loss or damage caused by an insured event, except for a collision, while your car is in the custody of a dealer that is a member of the motor trade.
We share your passion for timeless design and years of history – let us help you take care of your classic car.
Features & Benefits
How it works
How to claim
Have a question? Need help?
You can contact us on the below contact details if you need to speak to us about anything. This could be general queries, making changes to your policy, claiming, if you have a complaint, or if you want to add any of our latest exciting benefits.
Policy numbers with 10 digits, starting with the number “1”:
- Direct policyholders: 0860 123 EASY (0860 123 3279)
- Policyholders via intermediaries (brokers): 0860 321 EASY (0860 321 3279)
- For emergencies follow the voice prompts
Policy numbers with 7 digits, starting with the number “7”:
- Direct policyholders: 0861 010 203
- Policyholders via intermediaries (brokers): 0861 010 203
- For emergencies: 0861 000 911
If you have a different policy number, please read your policy documentation for contact details.
Still struggling to get in touch with the right person? Email us at:
and one of our agents will call you back.
Got a complaint?
We hope that you never have any reason to complain, but if you do we’ll do our best to work with you and resolve it through the following process:
Step 1: Get in touch with our customer care specialists by emailing email@example.com.
Step 2: If you need to take the issue further, ask to speak to a claims or administration manager to discuss your concerns.
Step 3: If, after speaking to a manager, your complaint is not yet resolved, you can take the matter further by writing to our internal dispute resolution committee. Your concerns will be investigated by a person with full authority to deal with the complaint and we’ll inform you of the outcome within 15 working days of receiving your letter.
To get a Car Insurance quote
You can get a quote by making use of the “call me back” or “get a quick quote” options on this webpage, or you can call us on 0860 000 240.