Protect What is Yours
From flatscreen TVs to laptops, from Persian rugs to works of art – many of your possessions are valuable and would cost money to replace. Protect what's precious to you with household insurance from Hollard and get financially covered for any loss or damage to your valuables.
Get a home insurance quote.
How to Work out If You Have Enough Household Insurance Cover
Would the cover amount enable you to replace lost, damaged or stolen goods? The correct amount should be what it would cost you to replace the insured item now, not what you originally paid for it.
Have you updated the value of your home and household contents recently? This is important as the cost to replace items is constantly increasing.
Does your household insurance cover keep track with inflation? Policies from Hollard do.
If you've taken precautions to secure your possessions, such as alarms and other security features, you should be rewarded for this with a lower premium.
Not what you are looking for?
Features & Benefits
What do you get?
- Your cover amount is increased automatically on the anniversary date of the policy, by inflation and a linked percentage. This ensures that contents are not under-insured
- The benefits of household insurance include cover for all personal
possessions inside your home, such as:
- Loose carpets, etc.
In addition, we provide coverage for items in your outbuildings, whether separate from your home or not.
- The contents insurance package covers damage to your household contents, whether by theft, an act of nature (such as lightning, storms, floods or snow), as well as damages caused by fire
- You get a fully hassle-free claims process
- You also have access to car insurance from Hollard on the same policy
How it works
How to claim
Do you need to claim?
Follow the easy steps below to get your claim fast and efficiently.
1. Notify us
All you need to do is notify us of your intent to claim on 0861 010 203 within 24-hours after the event. If this isn't possible, please call us within 30 days of the event.
2. Notify the Police
They'll log the incident and give you a police reference (case number), which we'll need to process your claim.
3. Submit documents
You'll need to submit all the requested claims documents and supporting documents to us. To help you, a dedicated claims specialist can guide you through the process and let you know of any excess premiums payable. Supporting documents include:
- A copy of your South African identity document
- A description of the incident
- The police reference (case number)
4. We'll contact you to notify you of the outcome of your claim
To make a Household Insurance claim
Read our easy to follow steps about how to make a household claim.
To update your Household Insurance policy
If you need to amend or renew your policy, please contact Hollard on the details listed below:
Call us: 0861 010 203
To get a Household Insurance quote
Call us: 0861 360 360