Comprehensive home contents insurance that protects the things you love
Your possessions are much more than just things – they’re part of who you are and they make your life unique. That’s why if something happens to them, it’s not only highly inconvenient, but very unsettling too. With Hollard’s comprehensive home contents insurance, we’ll cover you if you need to replace or repair your possessions because they’re lost, stolen or damaged. This includes coverage for loss or damage caused by insurance events such as fire, lightning, storms, earthquakes and other specific events. Our comprehensive household insurance also insures valuable things while they are inside your home such as your laptop, watch and jewellery.
The best part? Our No-claim reward (NCR) programme gives you 10% of your home contents premiums back after every 24 months that you don’t claim on your policy. Find out more about our No-claim reward programme here
Our comprehensive household contents insurance also include:
- Damage to electrical equipment because of power surges
- Cover for loss or damage of personal items belonging to guests or full-time employees
- Cover for your belongings while they’re in transit to or from your home, or while they’re temporarily removed from your home
- The cost of professional counselling to cope with trauma after an insured event
- The cost of a security guard to protect your home after an insured even
- Paying for food that has gone off in your fridge or freezer because of a mechanical or electrical failure in your home.
- Replacing the clothes stolen off your washing line at your home, even if there was no forcible or violent entry.
- Paying for items bought as gifts for someone else that are stolen or damaged while being kept in your home.
Insuring your home contents isn’t just about replacing the items that belong to you – it’s also about minimising the inconvenience that comes along with a loss, theft or accident.
Please click here to download the policy wording document for Household Insurance
Get peace of mind today with home contents insurance that takes care of your important stuff.
Features & Benefits
Our optional home contents insurance benefits
Having comprehensive home contents insurance is all good and well but what if you experience theft or have an accident with consequences you hadn’t thought of? Our optional benefits cover you if you’re doing renovations, if you use your home as a guest house or home office, or if you want to cover garden and outdoor equipment specifically, among other things.
- Accidental damage to TVs and glass in your home.
- Home business bundle to protect your office equipment and stock if you work from home.
- Guesthouse bundle to insure property of paying guests and damage to your guest house.
- Home improvement bundle to cover theft and damage to equipment being used in renovating your home.
- Garden and outdoor bundle that covers garden equipment and furniture, playground equipment and more.
How it works
How to claim
Have a question? Need help?
You can contact us on the below contact details if you need to speak to us about anything. This could be general queries, making changes to your policy, claiming, if you have a complaint or if you want to add any of our latest exciting benefits.
Policy numbers with 10 digits, starting with the number “1”:
- Direct policyholders: 0860 123 EASY (0860 123 3279)
- Policyholders via intermediaries (brokers): 0860 321 EASY (0860 321 3279)
- For emergencies follow the voice pormpts
Policy numbers with 7 digits, starting with the number “7”:
- Direct policyholders: 0861 010 203
- Policyholders via intermediaries (brokers): 0861 010 203
- For emergencies: 0861 000 911
If you have a different policy number, please read your policy documentation for contact details.
Still struggling to get in touch with the right person? Email us at:
and one of our agents will call you back.
Got a complaint?
We hope that you never have any reason to complain, but if you do we’ll do our best to work with you and resolve it through the following process:
Step 1: Get in touch with our customer care specialists by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: If you need to take the issue further, ask to speak to a claims or administration manager to discuss your concerns.
Step 3: If, after speaking to a manager, your complaint is not yet resolved, you can take the matter further by writing to our internal dispute resolution committee. Your concerns will be investigated by a person with full authority to deal with the complaint and we’ll inform you of the outcome within 15 working days of receiving your letter.