For immediate release
Johannesburg, 14 December 2020
Reduce stress, increase relaxation
With the December holidays imminent, leading insurer Hollard has released tips for its clients planning to be away from home over the festive season.
“We know 2020 has been a challenging year, and we hope by releasing these tips and encouraging our clients to follow them, to minimise challenges and maximise rest during this period,” says Sarah Spence, Product Documentation Specialist for Hollard.
If you are away from home these holidays, ensure peace of mind by following these tips:
- If you are driving to your holiday getaway, have your car serviced before you leave. Don’t forget to check your brakes and tyres
- Save your policy number and the number of the authorised towing company on your phone prior to setting off
- While driving, rest often. Studies have shown that drivers who rest every two hours have fewer accidents and are safer on the road
- Test your alarm before leaving and tell your security company you’ll be away and ask for extra patrols
- Give your insurance details to whoever is looking after your property
- Make sure your gutters are cleaned before you go away
- Turn off your geyser – this will minimise the risk of a burst geyser and also save electricity
- Ask a neighbour, friend or your house-sitter to start any cars left at home regularly – this will ensure you don’t have to deal with the frustration of a flat battery when you get home from your break
- Make sure any cars left at home are under cover so that they are protected from possible hail damage
- Lock cars away as much as possible, to reduce the possibility of them being stolen
- Before you leave, double-check all windows are closed and all gates are locked – this makes your home more secure while you are away and also makes sure that the rain doesn’t get in
- If you have a safe, use it to store your valuables – remember to put the safe keys out of sight and in a secure place
- While relaxing on holiday, don’t drink and drive – this keeps you and others safe on the road, and also means your claim won’t be rejected should you have an accident
Hollard wishes all its clients well over the festive season and looks forward to 2021, a year filled with health, prosperity and clear skies.
Issued by Hollard.
For media related enquiries contact:
Hollard Insure PR and Communications Manager, 011 351 1945/082 404 8326 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1980, the Hollard Insurance Group (“Hollard”) provides short-term and life insurance as well as investment products to a diverse customer base including individual consumers, commercial entities, and corporate clients. It ranks among a growing number of companies advocating an inclusive growth model, measuring its social dividends as well as its contribution to shareholders. Hollard’s organisational Purpose is to enable more people to create and secure a better future.
Hollard South Africa and Hollard International wrote a combined premium income in excess of R25-billion in the year to June 2018 across short-term and life insurance operations in 11 countries, including South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, Indonesia and the Philippines. The combined entity includes the second-largest short-term insurers in South Africa and Namibia, as well as the largest short-term insurer in Botswana.
Since inception, partnership has been at the heart of its business model, with the group today boasting over 100 ventures across the insurance value chain. Each one demonstrates the Hollard belief that there is always a better way and the idea of “win-win-win”, whereby Hollard, the partner and the consumer all win through this spirit of collaboration and co-creation.
Headquartered in the historic Villa Arcadia in Parktown, Johannesburg, the group serves over 5-million policyholders across four continents. It has insurance offices in 11 countries and is represented in another 21 via various forms of partnership.