The solution for your Matured Hollard Guaranteed Investment
Please note this product is currently closed to new business.
The Hollard Wealth Accumulator is an open-ended policy for investors seeking a solution for their matured Hollard Guaranteed Investments. It is a linked Investment that allows you the flexibility to select the most appropriate underlying funds for you. Its flexible structure also gives you access to your funds without paying penalties, a death benefit for your beneficiaries and tax-effective administration.
Click here to view a list of funds available on the Wealth Accumulator.
Features & Benefits
Features and Benefits of our Wealth Accumulator
|Features and Benefits||Product Details|
|Tax Implications||The value of the investment account is subject to taxation in line with the "Four Funds" tax approach that applies to South African long-term insurers. Policy proceeds are paid out tax-free to the original policyholder.|
|Death Benefits||In the event of your death, the policy can continue in your beneficiaries' names or they can choose to encash the full value of the policy.|
|Access to Capital||
There are no legislative restrictions or penalties when accessing your investment, subject to the liquidity of the portfolios.
|Other Product Features||
What will it cost?
|Product Details||Product Charges|
|Annual Product Charge||0.30%|
|Capital Gains Tax||5%|
|Advisor Initial Commission||Not Applicable|
|Annual Advice Fee||Maximum of 0.5% (excluding VAT)|
|Underlying Fund Fees||
Charged separately (see Fund List)
|Surrender Charges||Not Applicable|
Wealth Accumulator FAQs
Find out everything you need to know about the Wealth Accumulator Maturity Option.
- Is the Hollard Wealth Accumulator open for new business?
- The Hollard Wealth Accumulator is currently closed to new business.
- Who can invest in the Hollard Wealth Accumulator?
- Existing Hollard guaranteed policyholders whose policies are maturing. The policyholder needs to be an individual who is 18 years or older, or a South African trust whose beneficiaries are individuals.
- Can I make additional contributions to my policy?
- No, additional contributions to the policy are not permitted.
- Can I access my investment?
- Yes, access to your investment is free of restriction or penalty.
- What happens to the policy in the event of my death?
- In the event of your death, the policy can continue in your beneficiaries' names or they can choose to encash the full value of the policy.
- Are loans permitted against the policy?
- Hollard Investments does not permit loans to be taken on the policy.
- When are policy valuations issued?
- Policy valuations are issued on a monthly basis, 30 days in arrears. You can also request historic valuations on request.
- Is my investment guaranteed?
- The market value of the endowment is linked to the performance of the underlying fund selection.
- What are the tax implications of this investment?
- The Hollard Wealth Accumulator has been designed as a tax-efficient investment vehicle for South African residents. While we're unable to give individual tax advice, based on SA's current legislation, it's our interpretation that the following tax treatment is applicable: The value of the account is subject to tax according to the "Four Funds" tax approach that applies to South African long-term insurers. The policy proceeds are paid out tax-free to the original policyholder.
- Can the benefits under this policy be changed?
- Hollard Investments reserves the right to revise the contract under this policy in the event of: A change in legislation or practice governing the taxation of long term insurers. Any regulatory, legislative or other factors having a detrimental effect on any aspect of this policy or on Hollard Investment's ability to provide the benefits associated with this policy.
- Do I need a Financial Advisor to invest in this product?
- Yes. Hollard Investments does not accept any investment into this product without a Financial Advisor being appointed.
- Tel: 0860 202 202
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: +27 11 351 3816
- For compliments and complaints please fill in the Customer Support form on the right. Alternatively view our complaints process by clicking here.
Select and complete the form of your choice
- Select the relevant form from the list below
- Print and complete the form
- Attached all required documentation
- E-mail or fax the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 351 3816