Offering Guaranteed Investment returns via a 5-year endowment
Hollard’s Guaranteed Growth offers a Guaranteed Maturity Value (GMV).
The Hollard Guaranteed Growth Plan is a five-year endowment that offers a guaranteed return and tax advantages.
Equity-linked investments may rise and fall in value and returns may be unpredictable. An investor can often find comfort in a product that offers a guaranteed effective return, like the Guaranteed Growth Plan with its Guaranteed Maturity Value (GMV).
This diagram illustrates how guaranteed returns are achieved:
Investment grows for
5 years at
5.31% p.a. effective
Guaranteed Maturity Value
paid out tax free
Minimum investment R100,000
Features and benefits of our Guaranteed Growth Plan
Understand the guaranteed returns offered by Hollard Investments’ Guaranteed Growth Plan.
|Features and Benefits||Product Details|
|Tax Implications||Benefits are paid out tax-free|
|Access to Capital||
You can surrender your policy in full or in part. (Please note that only one
surrender is permitted.) A new policy value and related new maturity value will
be calculated using market rates at the time of surrender.
|Other Product Features||
The Guaranteed Endowment Rate applied to the investment is net of all fees.
What are Guaranteed Investments?
Find out everything you need to know about Guaranteed Growth Plan here.
- When do I receive a secure rate of return?
- Rates are revised weekly and are valid from Monday to Saturday. The rates are applicable on the date that you deposit your funds into the Hollard Investment bank account and we receive your completed documentation.
- What happens to my money while it’s in the Hollard Investment bank account?
- Policies commence on the 1st day of any month. You’ll be credited with interest from the time your money is received by Hollard Investments to the date of inception of the policy. Please note: The interest amount is taken into account at quotation stage and included in the rate of return and, therefore, the maturity value. Hollard Investments assumes the funds are received on Mondays, so interest is calculated from Monday to the day of commencement.
- Does the 30-day cooling-off period apply?
- Due to the nature of this policy, the 30-day cooling-off period does not apply.
- What is the minimum investment amount?
- The minimum amount that you can invest is R100,000.
- What is the term of the policy?
- The Guaranteed Growth policy has a five-year term.
- Who may invest in the Guaranteed Growth Plan?
- Any South African resident of 18 to 80 years old, as well as South African trusts where all beneficiaries are natural persons, may invest in Guaranteed Growth. This product is not available to pension funds, companies, closed corporations or trusts.
- What happens if the life assured passes away?
- On the death of the life assured, a death benefit will be paid out to the beneficiaries and the policy will cease to exist. If no part surrender has been taken, the death benefit is guaranteed to be the greater of the initial single premium and the fair value of the policy at the time of claim. Where a surrender has been taken, the death benefit will be the fair value of the policy at the time of claim.
- Can a surrender be taken on the policy?
- Only one part or full surrender can be taken out of the fair value of the policy. A new policy value and related new maturity value will be calculated at market rates at the time of surrender. Please note: Surrender charges will apply on a time-based scale.
- Can the policy be used as security?
- Collateral cession - The policyholder may use this policy as security to raise a loan from a lending agency or registered South African bank. The value of such security is at the discretion of the cessionary and implies no liability, either directly or indirectly, to Hollard Investments. Outright cession - Hollard Investments will record a cession of the policy on receiving a written request to do so, and will note the cession without expressing any opinion on its validity.
- Are loans permitted against the policy?
- Hollard Investments does not permit a loan to be taken on the policy.
- Is this investment subject to Capital Gains Tax (CGT)?
- Under current legislation, the investment maturity is not subject to CGT in the hands of the original policy owner.
- Is my return guaranteed?
- Yes, your return will be guaranteed if the policy is in force for the five-year term. However, any change in tax legislation may affect the guarantee of the return. A surrender taken during the five-year term will also affect the return.
- Do I need a Financial Advisor to invest in this product?
- Yes, Hollard Investments does not accept any investments into this product without a Financial Advisor being appointed.
Select and complete the form of your choice
- Select the relevant form from the list below
- If you are completing an Investment Application form, please appoint a Financial Advisor
- Applications for this investment will not be processed without a Financial Advisor being appointed. Your Financial Advisor will be required to request a valid quote from Hollard Investments for all new applications
- Print and complete the form
- Attached all required documentation, including FICA documentation (for new investment applications)
- E-mail or fax the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 351 3816
- Tel: 0860 202 202
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: +27 11 351 3816
- For compliments and complaints, please fill in the form.