Hospital Cash Back Plan
We’re currently servicing only existing Day Aid Cash Back Plan customers, so we’re not selling this product to anyone new.
Have questions? Call us on the following numbers:
General policy information and queries:
0800 11 11 58
0800 252 467
Or find out more about how to claim.
Our lines are open from Monday to Thursday between 8am and 5pm and Friday between 8am and 4:30pm for general policy information and queries.
The claims office hours are from Monday to Thursday between 8am and 5pm and Friday between 8am – 4.30 pm.
DAY-AID provides you with a lump sum for each day you’re hospitalised, provided you are in hospital for 3 consecutive days or more. It’s the ideal way to take care of household expenses whilst you recover.
Not only does DAY-AID alleviate the stress of returning home and having to face bills, it also offers the following additional benefits:
DAY-AID Hospital Cash Back Plan is not a Medical Aid
DAY-AID is designed to help you and your family with everyday expenses during your hospitalisation. It doesn’t pay medical expenses as it is not a medical aid, nor is it a substitute for one.
- driving while drunk;
- refusing or failing to look for or not complying with medical treatment;
- using drugs without a prescription or for the treatment of an addiction;
- engaging in terrorist activities;
- working for the army, navy, police or correctional services;
- providing security or protection services;
- taking part in any hazardous activities or professional sports;
- being involved in a labour disturbance, riot, strike or lock-out;
- being involved in an accident before the start of cover, where the accident resulted in the death or disability of the insured person;
- being hospitalised before the start of cover or being hospitalisation from an accident that occurred before the start of cover;
- being hospitalised for obesity, cosmetic or plastic surgery, mental illness, mental disorders, stress, infertility, artificial insemination, routine examination, routine tests or self-admission;
- being hospitalised for the treatment or investigation of pain and pain related conditions;
- being hospitalised for pregnancy or complications in the first 7 months of pregnancy;
- being hospitalised in a Hospital outside of the country (unless hospitalisation is due to a Medical Emergency);
- intentionally injuring or killing themselves;
- committing a criminal act;
- being outside the country for more than 3 months.
Hollard will also not pay a benefit if:
- you or the person claiming a benefit not being honest about the information we ask;
- a claim is the result of any criminal acts committed by you or an insured person;
- a claim results from the use of nuclear, biological, chemical or explosive weapons.
|Cause of Claim||Waiting Period|
|Illness (natural causes)||6 months|
|Pre-existing conditions (including HIV)||24 months|
1 Notify us
Please notify us of your intent to claim within 24-hours of the event. If this isn’t possible, please call us as soon as possible on the below toll-free number.
Contact our claims department:
Monday to Friday
Walk in centre hours: 08:00 to 16:30
Call centre hours: 8:00 to 17:00 - Monday to Thursday and
Fridays - : 8:00 to 16:30
Toll-free number: 0800 252 467
Fax: 011 351 3003
- Please notify us of your intent to claim within 24-hours of the event. If this isn’t possible, please call us as soon as possible on the below toll-free number.
- 2 Required documents
3 We'll get back to you
- We’ll get back to you – please note that claims are payable at the end of the period of hospitalisation or when 30 days benefit is due, whichever is earlier.
To make a Hospital Cash Back Plan claim
Read our easy to follow steps about how to make a Hospital Cash Back Plan claim.
To update your Hospital Cash Back Plan policy
If you need to amend or renew your policy, please contact Hollard on the details listed below: