Who We Are
Hollard in a nutshell
- We’re South Africa’s largest privately-owned insurance group with turnover exceeding R15 billion
- We’re truly independent, having no bank or any institutional shareholders
- We hold both short-term and life insurance licenses, but share infrastructure and capabilities in order to offer seamless and integrated insurance solutions
- We have an impressive track record in innovation for insurance distribution and product development
- We underwrite most classes of insurance business in South Africa, either directly or through our partners
- We currently deliver insurance solutions to more than 6 million policyholders
- We’re a team of 1,000 passionate ‘Hollardites’ in South Africa, with operations all over the world – including Australia, China, India, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Mozambique
At Hollard, we provide an incredibly broad range of specialist insurance products. This comes from our commitment to providing you with the exact cover you need.
Besides traditional personal insurance cover such as life, funeral, car, household and homeowner’s insurance, we also offer a number of more niche personal insurance solutions. In addition, we provide dynamic and innovative business insurance solutions.
So, whether you’re planning for your future or that of your family, or thinking about your unique needs in areas such as or even pet medical expenses, we have experts who’ll try and find an affordable solution, tailored to your needs.